The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong
 
HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Share | 
 

 Stato

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 19:44

Check this progress chart out. Hope we can jump one place this Sunday.

http://www.statto.com/teams/progress.php?id=758&yr=137


And this one shows that we have failed to beat any of the top 7 teams in the league this season. The results against Newcastle and, in particular Birmingham, stand out like sore thumbs.

http://www.statto.com/teams/resultstable.php?id=758&yr=137
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 21:48

Oh, FFS, Cheer up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 21:51

He likes being grumpy and bitter.

Leave him alone.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1533
Localisation : SOHO
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 22:12

DannyBoy wrote:
He likes being grumpy and bitter.

Leave him alone.

Spoiler:
 




John have we not beaten the goons and the scum convincingly in the past couple of months... for the first time in a decade?

Adding Pool to that list of 3 of top 4 this Saturday would surely be a significant achievement?

Yes, we are 27 points behind, but I believe we can and will get more points next season from those 9 games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 22:50

Number 10 wrote:
Oh, FFS, Cheer up.

Yes, No 10. Thanks for the advice. I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 22:57

Hairy wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:
He likes being grumpy and bitter.

Leave him alone.

Spoiler:
 




John have we not beaten the goons and the scum convincingly in the past couple of months... for the first time in a decade?

Adding Pool to that list of 3 of top 4 this Saturday would surely be a significant achievement?

Yes, we are 27 points behind, but I believe we can and will get more points next season from those 9 games.

Yes, we sure did in the League Cup. But in the FA Cup and in the league it has been another story. Don't get me wrong, I am utterly delighted that we did the scum and Chelski. Next season we simply have to start beating so-called top 4 sides in the league. We have had honourable draws and the occasional victory in the past but a sure measure of improvement will be to claim a few scalps in the league next season. So much hinges on who we bring in this summer....... and who our goalkeeper will be. Realistically, how many signings do we need before we can mount a serious challenge?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 23:13

5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1533
Localisation : SOHO
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 23:39

A new keeper, Modric + 3 more quality signings; 1 more experienced CB, (possibly) a new striker and a midfield general.

*I'm looking forward to the "additions" of Gareth Bale and a settled-in Gilberto to our regular starting XI next season.

bounce




Kameni or Gomes, Modric + 3 more quality signings; 1 more experienced CB (Jarque), (very likely) a new striker (Eto'o) and a midfield general (Jean Makoum).



affraid


Last edited by Hairy on Tue May 06 2008, 08:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Mon May 05 2008, 23:58

Hairy wrote:
A new keeper, Modric + 3 more quality signings; 1 more experienced CB, (possibly) a new striker and a midfield general.

*I'm looking forward to the "additions" of Gareth Bale and a settled-in Gilberto to our regular starting XI next season.

bounce

In other words, 5 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1533
Localisation : SOHO
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 09:07

[quote="ozspur"]Check this progress chart out. Hope we can jump one place this Sunday.

http://www.statto.com/teams/progress.php?id=758&yr=137


And this one shows that we have failed to beat any of the top 7 teams in the league this season. The results against Newcastle and, in particular Birmingham, stand out like sore thumbs.

http://www.statto.com/teams/resultstable.php?id=758&yr=137[/quote]






So since the arrival of General Ramos on the 27th October (i.e.,from P 13 to present) our much improved football, has been reflected in the significant improvement shown in the points table.


Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
avatar

Number of posts : 1533
Localisation : SOHO
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 09:19

To refresh our (possibly ST) memories.. Smile


Ramos inherited a Tottenham side falling well short of expectations as their poor defending meant they were in the relegation zone when Ramos arrived.[8] . His first game in charge of Tottenham was a 2-0 win against Blackpool in the Carling Cup at White Hart Lane, courtesy of goals from Robbie Keane and Pascal Chimbonda. Slowly but surely Tottenham have climbed up the Premier League table, but it is the progress Ramos has made in the cups that has really caught the eye. Tottenham's UEFA Cup campaign had begun badly, with Spurs losing 2-1 at home to Getafe in the first match of the group stages, a game which proved to be former manager Martin Jol's last game in charge. However, a 2-0 win over Hapoel Tel Aviv and a comeback from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Aalborg BK, meant that Tottenham's 1-1 draw away to Anderlecht was enough to secure 2nd place in the group, and qualification to the knock-out stages. Spurs defeated Slavia Prague and won 1-0 against PSV Eindhoven at the Philips Stadion, but were beaten on penalties.
On 18 December 2007, Spurs travelled to the City of Manchester Stadium for their Carling Cup quarter-final against a Manchester City who up till that point had won every home game of the season, but despite playing with 10 men for over 70 minutes, Ramos still masterminded a 2-0 victory for Tottenham.[9] This set up a semi-final with North London rivals Arsenal. The first leg at the Emirates Stadium ended with a 1-1 draw, but the return leg at White Hart Lane saw Tottenham emphatically win 5-1. It was Tottenham's first win in the North London derby since 1999, and the biggest win for either side in the derby since 1983[10]. It also meant Tottenham made their first appearance at the newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium against Chelsea their first cup final since 2002. Spurs started the game at a high tempo, but fell behind to a free-kick from Didier Drogba. However a second half penalty from Dimitar Berbatov took the game to extra time, where Jonathan Woodgate scored the winner for Spurs, giving them their first trophy since 1999, and secured qualification for the 2008/2009 UEFA Cup



COYS !

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
avatar

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 09:41

We need 8 new players in 08/09 (Modric +7) and at least 2 more seasons plus a stable management team before we achieve Top 4 position. It certainly will not happen next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 10:36

....and plenty of money, which is available thanks to the sound management of the board.

We've got funds to spend on the likes of Modric and Eto rather than Gera and Heskey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 11:40

ozspur wrote:
Number 10 wrote:
Oh, FFS, Cheer up.

Yes, No 10. Thanks for the advice. I will.

Ooh, get her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
avatar

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 11:43

Don't mean to be rude Oz, as your reply 'sounded' rather peeved.

Anyway, there are a number of points I would propose, or in some cases reiterate, that are cause for optimism. I shall start a new thread accordingly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
avatar

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Stato   Tue May 06 2008, 13:17

Hairy wrote:
To refresh our (possibly ST) memories.. Smile


Ramos inherited a Tottenham side falling well short of expectations as their poor defending meant they were in the relegation zone when Ramos arrived.[8] . His first game in charge of Tottenham was a 2-0 win against Blackpool in the Carling Cup at White Hart Lane, courtesy of goals from Robbie Keane and Pascal Chimbonda. Slowly but surely Tottenham have climbed up the Premier League table, but it is the progress Ramos has made in the cups that has really caught the eye. Tottenham's UEFA Cup campaign had begun badly, with Spurs losing 2-1 at home to Getafe in the first match of the group stages, a game which proved to be former manager Martin Jol's last game in charge. However, a 2-0 win over Hapoel Tel Aviv and a comeback from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Aalborg BK, meant that Tottenham's 1-1 draw away to Anderlecht was enough to secure 2nd place in the group, and qualification to the knock-out stages. Spurs defeated Slavia Prague and won 1-0 against PSV Eindhoven at the Philips Stadion, but were beaten on penalties.
On 18 December 2007, Spurs travelled to the City of Manchester Stadium for their Carling Cup quarter-final against a Manchester City who up till that point had won every home game of the season, but despite playing with 10 men for over 70 minutes, Ramos still masterminded a 2-0 victory for Tottenham.[9] This set up a semi-final with North London rivals Arsenal. The first leg at the Emirates Stadium ended with a 1-1 draw, but the return leg at White Hart Lane saw Tottenham emphatically win 5-1. It was Tottenham's first win in the North London derby since 1999, and the biggest win for either side in the derby since 1983[10]. It also meant Tottenham made their first appearance at the newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium against Chelsea their first cup final since 2002. Spurs started the game at a high tempo, but fell behind to a free-kick from Didier Drogba. However a second half penalty from Dimitar Berbatov took the game to extra time, where Jonathan Woodgate scored the winner for Spurs, giving them their first trophy since 1999, and secured qualification for the 2008/2009 UEFA Cup



COYS !

bounce

lovely stuff J. Brings a tear to the eye. Well, to some of us at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Stato   

Back to top Go down
 
Stato
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: