The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Share | 

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
kevinyip714
David Tuttle
David Tuttle

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Wed Sep 19 2007, 20:11

spur'don wrote:
Hi Kevin,

I'll send you a pm on how to get there.

Jeremy

I got it, thx Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinyip714
David Tuttle
David Tuttle

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Wed Sep 19 2007, 20:15

James wrote:
thfc1882 wrote:
kevinyip714 wrote:
yup I got a memorable nite in Delaney. I am sure from now on I will go there more frequently. Hope to meet you there!

BTW, I have been talking too much on Delaney's. It's your turn to persuade the other local guys to come in the spurs.hk message board. lol!

I thought Kevin is one of your guys at spurs.hk?

Yup.

I keep surfing spurs.hk everyday but I seldom leave a word there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Confucius
new to the site

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Fri Sep 21 2007, 23:43

Introducing myself.

I am
- manman in SpursCommunity
- confucius in Spurs.hk and SpursinHongKong

didn't appear until now cos' I read from the board that female and Spurs couldn't match...which I am female, that keeps me away from this board.

:sms:

(kidding!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Fri Sep 21 2007, 23:58

Confucius wrote:
I am female, that keeps me away from this board.

Confucius, welcome to Spurs in Hong Kong. We have female members already. All are welcome. I am Bad BAZ, the director of merchandising. I organise the T-shirts (uni-sex). Hope to see you at Delaneys for the Spurs games soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 08:16

Welcome manman, you couldn't hope to meet a nicer bunch of chaps - we even let a token gooner stay in Delaney's for the Arsenal game last weekend, so you'll have no problems at all. Hope to see you at Delaney's soon - how about tomorrow for the Bolton game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 11:33

Hello Manman, welcome aboard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Alex
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 12:30

Hi I'm Alex. Real name...Alex. I've been a teacher in HK for about 7 years, on and off. I also coach football and play in a band called Garoupa. Thought the atmosphere in Delaneys vs. Arse was brilliant and that everyone was surprisingly kind to the gooner in there! Unfortunately I'm playing for Lamma F.C. against SiHKFC on Sunday but please don't hold that against me. Hoping to persuade the SiHKFC to take me on loan for other matches.

P.S. I want a T-shirt but I think I missed the order again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 12:39

Alex wrote:
I want a T-shirt but I think I missed the order again

Hi Alex, there may be one spare. What size are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 14:30

Alex wrote:
Hi I'm Alex. Real name...Alex. I've been a teacher in HK for about 7 years, on and off. I also coach football and play in a band called Garoupa. Thought the atmosphere in Delaneys vs. Arse was brilliant and that everyone was surprisingly kind to the gooner in there! Unfortunately I'm playing for Lamma F.C. against SiHKFC on Sunday but please don't hold that against me.
Excuse me? Have you seen how James is struggling for numbers for SiHK - if the Lamma team have adequate numbers surely you can flip flop?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 15:59

HI bad_baz -
I'm XL or L in UK but usually have to go for XL or bigger in Asian sizes. (I'm still talking about T-shirts here by the way!) I'm about 6'2 and fairly thin.

GDG - what T-shirt size do you reckon I need? ANd by the way, thanks for your warm welcome! What the hell is flip flopping anyway? I'm trying to secure my my place on the Lamma team before offering myself on loan to SiHKFC. Besides, I don't want to be marking George!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 18:37

Oh dear, is George playing? Welcome to the site, Alex, we finally got you on board. I reckon you'll need an XL t-shirt. And flip-flopping is changing sides.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 20:34

Confucius wrote:
Introducing myself.

I am

didn't appear until now cos' I read from the board that female and Spurs couldn't match...which I am female, that keeps me away from this board.

Hi, I am Stew and have been around in HK for many years organising Spurs fans gatherings etc. In my book, all Spurs fans are Brothers and Sisters - all female Spurs fans are just as welcome as any male Spurs fan!

Welcome aboard!

Stew.

(kidding!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toppundit.com
Craig
Admin

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 20:35

Hey, I'm Craig. Stumbled upon this great place via facebook. Been in HK since March. Been a spur since I was 4, first game vs Man Utd many years ago, 1989 I think. Most memorable has to be 1991 semi final, can still see Gazza's freekick in my head to this day. Played football myself for a local sunday league team back home for about 11 years, haven't played for about 6 years though!

Anyways look forward to meeting/getting to know you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 20:38

Welcome aboard, Craig - can you make Delaney's tomorrow evening for the Bolton game, should be around 20 or more of us there? And if you're interested in playing some football, no skills required (though it would help), they're desperate for a few more to play for the mighty SiHK FC team tomorrow at 6pm in Causeway Bay - brush your boots off and get yourself down there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 20:41

Delaney's Wan Chai, not TST. Got this vision of you sitting by the bar on your wondering where the hell we all are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 20:42

kevinyip714 wrote:
thfc1882 wrote:
kevinyip714 wrote:
yup I got a memorable nite in Delaney. I am sure from now on I will go there more frequently. Hope to meet you there!

BTW, I have been talking too much on Delaney's. It's your turn to persuade the other local guys to come in the spurs.hk message board. lol!

u know what indeed there are many local fans around who actually know spurs.hk for ages, just they seldom leave a word there. cheers

But again, as I said b4 in spurs.hk why many of them are not intended to come to Delaney is due to it's location. They really think Wan Chai is too far away from them. You may say Wan Chai is not that far away as they think but they really think in this way. It's all about time and money. Just like I live in Sai Kung, it takes me $20 transportation fee to travel to Delaney, and the same back to my apartment of coz. And then I have to order a drink and maybe some snacks (depends on how many of my buddies are there), so all in all the basic expense of watching a game in Delaney is up to $100. Well I can afford that cuz I've been working for many years but that's not the same story towards other fans especially some of them are only students. In fact, they all know the atmosphere down there must be awesome due to your guys existence but due to the money issue they still prefer watching the game at home. You cannot say they are not hardcore or passioniate enough as different ppl have different ways to support their beloved team. Perhaps they believe that they keep spending time on watching Spurs' game in a regular base which has already been an expression of how much they love the team.

No offense here, just share to you guys the mindset of some fans only.

btw, Nice to meet you too Hung king

Kevin Yip, that's perfectly understandable. To be honest, with over 200 registered Spurs fan in Hong Kong (on various web sites), it's impossible to get everyone out to watch a game in the same location.

It's my intention to just try and get as many out for the so called big games, and then get a reasonable following out for the not so big games.

The price and location factor has been noted for sometime. Sadly we can't suit everyone's needs at all times. We even have expats that don't come to Wanchai because they live out on the far southern side of Lantau or deepest Tung Chung.

The most important point is that we stay connected via forums and emails.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toppundit.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sat Sep 22 2007, 20:42

He's playing against Lamma, so he should be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 00:10

Confucius wrote:
Introducing myself.

I am

(kidding!)

Have you attended the Arsenal match at Delaney's? I note there are some female yiddos out there, so spread the word to them.

Welcome and post more!

charlize
new to the site

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Hi, I am new   Sun Sep 23 2007, 12:35

Hi, everybody! Nice to meet you all here.

I am Charlize, 27, a clerk of an IT services company, start loving Spurs since Klinsmann joined to Spurs. He is my idol after he lead W. Germany won the World Cup.

I am not a fan who can often watch games of Spurs but when I knew Klinsmann joined to the club. I always read more news about Spurs, I would cried for Spurs when we lose, I would scream when our players have nice shoots!

Recent years, the player I admire are Ginola, Rebrov, Keane, Robinson, Routledge, Mido and Bale.

And I love our slogan: To dare is to do!

It is same mind when I facing difficulties on works and others.

To dare is to do!

Come on you Spurs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craig
Admin

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 13:44

GDG wrote:
Welcome aboard, Craig - can you make Delaney's tomorrow evening for the Bolton game, should be around 20 or more of us there? And if you're interested in playing some football, no skills required (though it would help), they're desperate for a few more to play for the mighty SiHK FC team tomorrow at 6pm in Causeway Bay - brush your boots off and get yourself down there.

Will be at the Lamma game but not Bolton unfortunately, other commitments with my better half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 14:23

James wrote:
Have you attended the Arsenal match at Delaney's? I note there are some female yiddos out there, so spread the word to them.

At least two of them had been to the Lane, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spurs.hk
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 14:27

Craig wrote:

Will be at the Lamma game but not Bolton unfortunately, other commitments with my better half.

Shock, horror. Take her to Delaneys bounce first and then commit later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 14:29

Craig wrote:
GDG wrote:

Nice one. See you at the game in CWB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 14:34

StewHK wrote:
To be honest, with over 200 registered Spurs fan in Hong Kong (on various web sites), it's impossible to get everyone out to watch a game in the same location.

The Spurs Supporters' Club (Hong Kong), i.e. spurs.hk alone has over 400 registered members, and it is still growing. Thus, there is huge potential.

StewHK wrote:
It's my intention to just try and get as many out for the so called big games, and then get a reasonable following out for the not so big games.

I hope the Greater Spurs Community (SSC + SiHK) in Hong Kong can join together and participate in functions of NOW, and further enhance our explosure. But Spurs have to get a semi-final or final place in the FA Cup first. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spurs.hk
jjetset

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   Sun Sep 23 2007, 17:55

Hello Fellow yids.

I will be making my debut at Delaneys tonights for the Bolton game.

I'm from Oz and here on business and looking forward to meeting you all and watching us win !

I heard about your site from GDG on spurscommunity.

COYS

JJetset

What time does everyone get down there as I'm getting impatient ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next